I'm a developer from Hamburg, Germany, and you should totally hire me.
I wrote my first HTML page before Windows 95 was released and discovered the potential of the internet before Bill Gates did. But I didn't stop there. Over the years, I have created websites and web applications with varying languages, frameworks and tools, I managed servers in the cloud and next door, and I worked together with many brilliant people on numerous exciting projects, commercial and open source.
I got my formal education at the RWTH Aachen and European Research Center for Information Systems Münster, where I received my Master of Science degree (graded "sehr gut", which means "A"). During my studies, I ran a small company called FireDesign with a fellow student, so I could apply what I learned at university or otherwise. My Master thesis was about performance monitoring and tuning in the frontend, which was a quite new field when I wrote about it.
I'd love to work with you on your applications! In the past, I have worked with these fine folks:
- Backend programming with Ruby
- Devops automation with chef
- 3rd party integration
- Software architecture
- Prototype implementation with Ruby, Rails and AngularJS
- Extend the existing EmberJS application for the customer interface
- Extend the existing JRuby backend
- Write a new application for local members
- Design, UX
- Frontend Single Page App with EmberJS
- Backend with Ruby on Rails
- Infrastructure automation with Ansible
- Extend existing full stack Play Framework application written in Java 1.8
- Help the standing development team to develop a hybrid EmberJS app running on iPads
- Support the developers with Q&A sessions (remote and onsite)
- Onsite development to solve specific problems
- Add new features to user profiles app implemented in Ruby on Rails.
- Prepare landing pages for global launch.
- Improve Rails based API
- Improve EmberJS based UI app
If you are interested in working with me, shoot me an email to ralph at rvdh.de!